Thursday, October 11, 2012

Joy in Life's Messiness...

Ducks in a row...
You know that saying, right? Well, friends... here's another confession from me... I am a ducks-in-a-row kind of girl! I don't like the unknowns and the what-ifs and the maybes... you get the picture!

Fallen leaves from our ash tree in the backyard.

But... much to my dismay, life is often not ducks-in-a-row! Surprise, surprise! :-) It is often messy, much like the state of the fallen leaves from our ash tree that covered our backyard before hubby and my boy bagged them all up for composting this past weekend!

With life comes the unknowns and the what-ifs and the maybes... 
Actually, one of those is currently brewing in our family's life right now! Change is in the horizon... and I'm antsy, to say the least... and I know I must choose joy... I must celebrate joy!

I must live fully in the moment and not worry about the potential changes that lie ahead. Easier said than done.

Yet, I will live joy... because "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows (James 1:17)" and because I know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)"

And... I will learn to love messy fallen leaves over ducks standing in a row! Yes, I will... because it is in life's messiness where God's grace is most evident. 
We can give thanks in everything, because there's a good God passing by, working all things into good. It's safe to trust!
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts.

This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment