Friday, October 5, 2012

Joy Comes in a Letter

I am feeling a lot under the weather this week and yesterday's gloomy weather didn't particularly help... yet God knew the exact remedy I needed to feel better!

A prescription for JOY!
Yesterday when I woke up... two letters from our Compassion LDP student was in my email inbox! I thought, "Wow, two letters?!?" It turns out, one's from her and the second one is from her sister!

You see, a few months ago, Rechelle wrote to us. She told us about her sister becoming pregnant and having a baby out-of-wedlock and how she's become alienated from the family. We encouraged Rechelle to reach out to her sister in Christian love... and to help her do so, we sent a financial gift so that she can help her sister take care of some needs that the baby, her niece, might have.

Yesterday... these are the words I was reading on my computer screen:
... by God's time you are the answers to our prayer. The moment that we received the money was the time that my daughter has a very high fever, cough and runny nose. We immediately run to the doctor to have her check up and after we bought her medicines. We also bought her daily needs like milk, diapers, foods, vitamins and toys. 
Unspeakable joy!
Friends, we didn't send a lot of money... just $50, yet it has gone a long way in helping a poverty-stricken single mother and her baby! A small gesture of love has brought me unspeakable joy... especially on a week like this one! God is truly good... always good!

Suddenly, I forgot about my own woes... and my day was instantly better and brighter! I was even smiling and humming a tune... all day long! :-)
And at the last, this is what will determine a fulfilling, meaningful life, a life that, behind all the facades, every one of us longs to live: gratitude for the blessings that expresses itself by becoming the blessing.
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts.

This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. Wonderful post! Awesome. God's timing. Praying for you.....

    ReplyDelete