Friday, October 26, 2012

22 Minutes to Joy!

Hello there, Friday!
Friends, do you have 22 minutes today? If you do, I highly recommend you watch this... {if you don't have 22 minutes right now... please be sure to come back later when you do... because I promise that this is worth spending your 22 minutes! :-)}


Isn't this just beautiful? What a gift this is from my friend, Ann Voskamp! Seeing my own name flash across the video screen had me relishing anew on just how much God loves!
"A-I-M-E-E." Loved one.
God is always good and I am always loved and eucharisteo has made me my truest self, "full of grace." Doesn't eucharisteo rename all God's children their truest name:
"Loved one."
~ Afterword by Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts.
Aimee is also the name of Ann's sister... the sister whose tragic death Ann wrote about in the starting pages of One Thousand Gifts. This tragedy that marked the beginning of Ann's journey towards full communion with God.

This book and the practice of eucharisteo has indeed transformed me. Eucharisteo has allowed me to see Grace every single day. Each new day, I am on the hunt for grace-gifts!

And... eucharisteo didn't need to rename me... yet, like Ann, I didn't live like I knew the true meaning of my name. Until this practice of eucharisteo, that is! It has made me my truest self, "loved one." Aimee --- it means loved one! :-)

I can't wait to watch the rest of the videos... there are four more parts to this! 

So much joy...
Watching Ann's video for the first time yesterday brought me so much joy! Friends, I hope it brings you to celebrate joy too... because God is always good and *you* are always loved!


This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. I will be posting about Ann's dvd series too. I watched it yesterday too! It was much needed. Some bumps in the road has set me back a bit. God is still good... full of grace... I have been crying out to Him to fill me with His JOY. Even when I do not understand... I thank you so much. So many times I have thought of emailing you. :)

    I loved watching her around her house. With my two boys and Lysa here all day as we school and life's duties try to squeeze hard... watching that 22 minutes put a smile on my face... HIS grace is enough.

    love you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teena! Sounds like you're having a tough week. Praying for you! Please feel free to email me if you're feeling like it --- you can reach me at: compassion @ mamaof2greatkids dot ca.



      Delete