Saturday, October 6, 2012

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Look at the birds in the sky! They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren’t you worth more than birds?
~ Matthew 6:26, CEV.
I took this photo on one of our recent drives up to our local farm one Saturday morning. Hubby and I often drive up there while the kids are still sleeping to pick up our CSA share of organically-grown farm meats. It's a lovely drive... peaceful and beautiful!

When I saw the birds perched on the wires by the side of the road, I had to stop and snap a photograph! And I'm so glad I did. It reminds me of this old hymn that was sung at church when I was a little girl...
Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely and long for heaven and home?
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He.
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. 
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free.
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. 
"Let not your heart be troubled," His tender word I hear.
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears.
Though by the path He leadeth but one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know he watches me.
Ahhh... nothing like old hymns to fill my heart with joy! :-)
Friends, on this Saturday morning leading into the Thanksgiving Weekend, I am resting on His goodness knowing that... ♪♫ His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me! ♫♪


This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. Thanks for posting some comments on the hymn. I posted an article on it this morning, so your blog caught my eye. I suppose calling it an "old" hymn is kind of relative. It's just over a century old, and we still sing it, in churches I've attended and preached at.

    Civilla Martin was a Canadian, which gives us another interest in it. But the main thing is the realization that the Lord cares for us, day be day, in every situation. God bless.

    ReplyDelete