Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Joy of YES!

Today...
I am linking up with a host of other bloggers over at A Holy Experience, all of us writing about The Practice of Joy and answering questions like, "What does it mean to choose Crazy Joy?"... and, "How do we authentically walk through hard times?"... or, "How do we practice the 'gigantic secret' of Christians?"

These few weeks...
God has been driving home for me the reality that JOY is found in saying "Yes!" to Him... even when the next step seems unclear... even when it requires me stepping out of my comfort zone... even when it terrifies me... even when I don't think I'm qualified!

And it just so happens... the quotes that I've been reading from my God In The Moment {from Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts} desk calendar these few weeks are all about saying "Yes!" to God. How convenient... hmmmm! ;-)
October 14: I can feel all the sinews releasing, the opening of the heart chambers, the unfurling of a life into one reverberating, exultant yes! "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are yes in Christ." (2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV) Yes in Christ!
October 16: To the enfleshed Yes who said yes to this moment and yes to last year's illness and yes to the cracks of my childhood and yes to the nail and yes to my name in the Book of Life, hear me say YES!
October 17: YES! Not "I'm worried." Not "I'm stressed out." Not "I'm anxious." Not "I'm too afraid." Hear me say thank you. Hear me say YES! Watch me live a life of yes. To all that was and is and is to come.
October 19: The God whom we thank for fulfilling the promises of the past will fulfill His promises again. In Christ, the answer to the questions of every moment is always Yes. The answer is always YES!
October 20: Stress can be an addiction and worry can be our lunge for control and we forget the answer to this moment is always yes because of Christ.
Yes, yes, yes...
To live a life of YES... it is the key to experiencing JOY!
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. ~ Psalm 63:3, NIV.

This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts...
I promise you will be blessed!



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I'm so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great insight to joy. Say yes. Yield to Him. It's just what He's working in me! Linked up next to you at A Holy Experience...
    I've enjoyed this crazy month of joy too!

    ReplyDelete