Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Autumn Landscape

... is my favourite!
On one of our recent drives up to our local farm to pick up our CSA share of organically-raised farm meats, my camera tagged along and I was able to capture a few images of the Autumn landscape. This was one of those images...


I love how the stalks of corn look like hands joyfully raised, up towards heaven, in praise of their Creator!
Because Your love is better than life,
          my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live,
          and in Your name I will lift up my hands.
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
          with singing lips my mouth will praise You.

~ Psalm 63:3-5, NIV.
Yes! Because Your love is better than life...
May I be just like these corn stalks... hands raised towards heaven regardless of the situation... in drought or in rain... choosing to celebrate joy in praise of The One who gives life!


This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment