Friday, September 17, 2010

More Glimpses of Beauty...

Glimpses of beauty are sprouting up everywhere!  I think God's intention all along was for me to have eyes to see opportunities to bring beauty to people and places around me when He recently took away an ongoing ministry that's near and dear to hubby's and my heart.  You see... taking away that ministry freed up A LOT of our time.  Time I didn't realize I was spending not bringing beauty into this fallen world.  Time I now use for things that matter more eternally.


Here are some of those glimpses of beauty...

~ With school now in full swing, I am thinking about the 10 under-privileged children who received backpacks from my son's Birthday Backpack DriveBeautiful!

~ Last night, my kids launched the Operation Christmas Child campaign at their school.  The response was heart-warming!  Everyone was so enthusiastic!  My kids have set a goal of 200 shoe boxes which I thought was a lofty goal... teachers and parents alike are saying that there will be at least that much that will come in!  I am already thinking about the children in 3rd world countries who will receive a Christmas present this year because of Operation Christmas Child and my heart smiles!  Beautiful!

~ Hubby's birthday is around the corner.  To celebrate this occasion, as a family we are choosing to participate in the Daily Bread Food Bank's Thanksgiving Food Drive by volunteering and also by bringing in non-perishable food items.  We decided that we would invite friends and family to join us!  We are overwhelmed by the response... as of this blog post, there are already 13 people signed up to volunteer and food items pledged to be donated.  Together, we will have fun, celebrate and fight hunger all at the same time.  Beautiful!

As you can see, I've been busy --- a good kind of busy!  Beauty from ashes... one family's quest to make the world a better place, one step at a time!  God is so good!

Here I am.  Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment