Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Living Simply...

One of my friend's status on Facebook said this today:
Complicated just happens. Simple takes focus and daily hard work.
This quote is so simply put, yet so profound!  I've just been pondering these few days about the whys and hows of a complicated life... whether it is a marriage, a family, a ministry, a job, or a relationship.  This quote sums it up nicely for me... it really is when we stop focusing and working hard at something that things get complicated quickly.

A simple life --- I'm sure this is something many people, including myself, consider to be the ideal lifestyle.  But isn't it ironic that more often than not, things get complicated instead of staying simple?  That's why we see so many examples of complicated living in our society today --- marriages ending up in divorce, broken families, failed ministries, stressful jobs, strained relationships!

Let's all start living simply --- staying focused and working hard everyday at the things that matter most to us!  It is the only way to live.  It is the only way to serve our God.  It is the only way to relate to people.

Here I am.  Lord, send me!       

No comments:

Post a Comment