Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yet Another Glimpse of Beauty

I can tell you right now, this one's BEEEEEEAUTIFUL! Wow... I am in awe that God would be so gracious as to let me in on this beautiful thing!

So... here it goes. Today we visited the home church of some good friends of ours. As part of the teaching time was a skit. I recognized one of the actors right away. She briefly attended one of the Bible studies I led a long time ago... talk about "a blast from the past!"

When she came to Bible study, she was a seeker. She stopped coming after her brief time with us... she left still seeking. I lost touch and didn't know what had become of her... I wondered many times. Recently, I heard from a mutual friend that this lady had found Christ and has found a home church to attend regularly.  I was thrilled! 

Fast forward to this morning... the church we visited was that church! I approached her after the service. She could hardly recognize me... it was that long of a time ago and our encounter was that brief! I refreshed her memory... and her face lit up! She said that those few Bible study sessions sparked something in her... and this church was where "it all came together" for her.

Wow... I'm a firm believer that God does not waste anything. This morning, God allowed me to see this truth firsthand. Truly beautiful! The thing is... we wouldn't have visited this church if we were still busy with our previous ministry involvement. Interesting how God's timing works, isn't it? I say... this is one of those beauty from ashes moments!

Speaking of this church visit... we loved it! It is one of those churches that fit the description in Acts 2:42-47. It's a place we wouldn't mind calling home...

Here I am. Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment