Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Friday...

... and I'm feeling tired from what has been quite a busy and interesting week.

This week consisted of a mixture of events and happenings... mostly good, but a few emotionally draining ones too! Hubby and I are also on the cusp of a decision that we need to make imminently about ministry involvement... requiring lots of our time talking it through... making sure we are listening properly to what God is telling us. This verse from Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message) comes to mind right now:
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward --- to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
Looking towards the weekend... it's going to be an exciting one!  First of all, hubby turns forty-five!!!  I read something on Facebook this morning that very appropriately describes my hubby.  Here it is --- Happy Birthday to... 
... a wonderful man, who helps balance my whole world; who isn't perfect, but is perfect for me; who works hard and would do anything for me; who makes me laugh; who is my best friend; who I want to grow old with; and who I am thankful for every day!
I am blessed beyond measure to have my hubby in my life. Each day, I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a wonderful gift!

This weekend, we'll also be helping a young family organize their home. This young family is struggling... depression has hit their home. They've indicated that it would be a tremendous help to them if we came and helped to organize a certain area of their home in order to lessen the stress. I don't claim to understand depression... but my heart goes out to this young family.

This, of course, is another one of those beauty from ashes moments that God has been gracious enough to drop on our family's lap these days. We cherish each of these assignments... and eagerly look forward to the next one!

Speaking of the next one... the first packet containing information on our first Compassion Correspondent Child arrived in the mail! Her name is Geydi. She is 12 years old and she lives in Honduras. Our family is excited to start writing to Geydi on behalf of her sponsor... truly beauty instead of ashes!

Here I am. Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment