Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Glimpse of Beauty...

Yesterday, I wrote about beauty from ashes --- how God has allowed a ministry assignment of ours to burn up into ashes and how I am looking forward to seeing the beauty that arises from the ashes.   

Well, as you know, I've been following a team of bloggers who traveled to Guatemala recently with Compassion.  In one of the blog posts, I read about just how important it is for these children to receive letters... unfortunately, some sponsors never write!

My daughter is our family's designated letter writer to our Compassion daughter, Annu.  I can't imagine us not thinking about writing even a single letter to her!  My daughter's goal is for Annu to become the coolest kid in the Child Development Centre where she belongs because she the kid who receives the most letters! :-)

So... here's our first glimpse of beauty from ashes... because of our previous ministry involvement coming to an end, we have found extra time on our hands!  That's always a good thing, right?  Well... we have signed up with Compassion to become correspondents!  

Correspondents write to sponsored children whose sponsors do not or are unable to write to them!  How cool is that?  We have asked for four children to correspond with!  When matches are found... we should be receiving information about the children in the mail fairly quickly.

We all know how powerful words can be.  Now, our family can use our words to bring beauty into the lives of these under privileged children by writing letters to them.  We can't wait to start... we'll all be writing now, not just my daughter!

Beauty from ashes...  Here I am.  Lord, send me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment