Thursday, August 19, 2010

Backpack Distribution

What an awesome night!  We just got home from distributing the backpacks that resulted from my son's Birthday Backpack Drive.  My heart is overflowing with emotions... words can not truly and adequately describe the experience that this night was to us!


Seeing these children rush to grab the backpacks like they are some precious treasures literally made me shed tears!  I had to stop myself from becoming an emotional wreck in front of the kids...

Here's what some of them said...
"I got a backpack!"
"Wow, now I'm rich!"
"Yeah, real school supplies!"
"Cool, line paper!"
"Wow, my very own water bottle!"
"Look at this... I got a whole pack of pens!"
"This pencil case is full of stuff!"
The children thanked us over and over again... and, hubby proceeded to tell them that it is because of God's love that we are able to give and share with others.  He encouraged them to do the same --- to give and share with others!

To all of you who contributed to the Backpack Drive... THANK YOU for being a blessing!  You have no idea... I think I'm getting emotional again!  :-)

All in all, it was an awesome night!  I am very grateful that God chose to give us an opportunity such as this one.  I am really looking forward to more opportunities that HE might see fit to send our family's way.  All it truly takes is an obedient heart and a willing spirit.

Here I am.  Lord, send me! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a great effort for the community. The children seem to really appreciate it. Continue to encourage your kids to help others. That is such a beautiful jesture.

    ReplyDelete