Friday, May 20, 2011

This Hype...

So... unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard the hype about the end of the world supposedly happening tomorrow! Conversations about this topic took me back to another conversation I had with my then 6-year-old daughter inside a Wal-Mart store...

She and I were doing our shopping when we came upon this pair of boots sitting all by itself on the floor in the greeting cards aisle. To me, it was clearly store merchandise that somebody had decided they didn't want to buy anymore, but was too lazy to bring the boots all the way back to the footwear section.

But because it looked so much like a person just disappeared while browsing for greeting cards and leaving their boots behind, I {jokingly} said to my girl, "Look, I think rapture happened!", thinking she would get that I was cracking a joke. Well, she thought I was being serious... with a very serious tone of voice and without skipping a beat, she answered, "Of course it hasn't, Mommy, because we are still here!" :-)

I love how her faith was already so firmly in place as a 6-year-old! Her answer actually, truly, made my heart smile! :-) And, yes, I did explain to her afterwards that I was just joking... ;-)

But, the Bible does say that one day Jesus will come back and this physical world will indeed end! So, it's not just hype after-all. One day, in fact, the end will be upon us. It will come as a surprise to all, just like the Bible says it will. This illustrates all the more the importance of what you and I do each day.

What are we doing each day to stay on guard and be alert? What are we doing each day to unwrap more of His love in this world? What are we doing each day so that God's Kingdom can be manifested in our lives here on earth?

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!
Compassion-International-Bloggers-Philippines-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment