Monday, May 2, 2011

This Week Flew By...

What if we don’t pack up Easter — but purposed to live Easter?
Why would I celebrate His resurrection power ---
if I wouldn’t choose to daily live in it?
Only by His grace alone.
 ~ Ann Voskamp, A Holy Experience.
This short week literally flew by... if not for the renewed realization that I am to live as a daughter of the Resurrection, to live out Easter, I would have overlooked the grace-gifts that came my way this week.

With a heart that seeks to live out Easter, my 1000 Gifts list continues with...

#563 - #575
~ An opportunity to give towards the local food bank's Spring drive.
~ A renewed relationship.
~ Making my boy's Star Wars Imperial Officer costume for the school play.
~ Getting my work done... a huge grace-gift during short weeks!
~ A TV antenna installed on our roof.
~ Paying taxes.
~ Mindstorm Day for my boy and his friends, and...
~ The team being successful in the intermediate level.  They're in Grades 4/5!!!
~ My girl performing {clarinet} in the Durham Elementary Honour Band!
~ A visit from my little nephews... so cute!
~ Another win for my girl's all-Filipino basketball team.
~ Helping a friend with her new blog.
~ A comfy bed for my tired body...

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

3 comments:

  1. Great question: What if we lived Easter all year? A daughter of the Ressurection. I've been thinking along the same lines this week, and so glad to be reminded again from you here. Thank you for that. I loved your list, your "proud Mom" feelings popping out all over! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Ann's - I'm a mom to two great kids, too - although they're grown! Enjoyed your thoughts and your list...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...how often we take the "comfy bed" for granted. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete