Friday, February 18, 2011

Help Send Emilda to the Special Olympics!

As most of you know, I blog for Compassion.  I do this because our family is committed to helping Compassion in their mission of releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name!


Today, I am blogging about an opportunity for you and me to help Emilda.  Emilda's story is dear to my heart.  You see, Emilda lives in the Philippines... the country where hubby and I were born and raised.  Here is her story:
Emilda is an 18 year-old sponsored child with the mental capacity of a three year-old. She lives in a squatter community in the Philippines. And she's fast!
In 2009 Emilda competed in the Philippine Special Olympics and she performed well enough to qualify for the World Special Olympics in Athens, Greece this Summer. But she needs your help to get there.
Emilda's parents are unable to pay her way to Greece and neither is the Philippine government. Her need is $19,857.
Photos and more information about Emilda can be found here. Please help Emilda get to Athens this Summer! Every single dollar counts.

Thank you, my friends... thank you for your generousity! One of the verses I read this week during my devotion time is this...
Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back — given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity. (Luke 6:38 The Message)
What an awesome privilege it is... that we can be a blessing to those around us who are in need!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment