Sunday, February 20, 2011

One Thousand Gifts - Chapter 5

The vlog for Chapter 5 of One Thousand Gifts is now online.  This chapter was a great reminder to me that, indeed, all is grace.  Even the hurts, the disappointments and the lost dreams... all is grace. 

Here are my favourite parts of Chapter 5 - What in the World, in all this world, is Grace?
Joy is always worth the wait, and fully living worth the believing.  The pursuit!

But awakening to joy awakens to pain.  Joy and pain, they are but two arteries of the one heart that pumps through all those who don't numb themselves to really living.

Every step I take forward in my life is a loss of something in my life and I live the waiting: How and of what will I be emptied today?

What in the world, in a world of certain loss, is grace?

Only the Word is the answer to rightly reading the world, because The Word has nail-scarred hands that cup our face close, wipe away the tears running down, has eyes to look deep into our brimming ache, and whisper, "I know. I know."

All God makes is good.  Can it be that, that which seems to oppose the will of God actually is used of Him to accomplish the will of God?

Without God's Word as a lens, the world warps.

When I realize that it is not God who is in my debt but I who am in His great debt, then doesn't all become gift?

God is always good and I am always loved.  Everything is eucharisteo.

Because eucharisteo is how Jesus, at the Last Supper, showed us to transfigure all things - take the pain that is given, give thanks for it, and transform it into a joy that fulfills all emptiness.

All is grace only because all can transfigure.
All is grace... so thankful for this reminder today.

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment