Friday, February 18, 2011

Fourteen... 14 Already?!?

At 2 years of age. Beautiful, isn't she?

Happy 14th Birthday to my baby girl!  When exactly did she grow up?!?  Now a young lady... growing wings to fly... making this mama's heart smile and swell with happiness... for our God is gracious and He truly is good!

Just in time for her birthday... school report cards came home.  This is what her teacher wrote:
{My girl} has demonstrated great interest in social justice issues. Many people recognize when there is an injustice. Few people are willing to speak out and advocate for change. {My girl} is one of the few.
I am one proud mama... so thankful for God's grace in my girl's life!  Truly awed to be given the privilege to parent such an amazing young lady... truly, truly humbled by grace.

This past week, on the blog A Holy Experience, Ann Voskamp writes about The Way a Mother Can Make Peace with Time... brought tears to my eyes.  Time is truly like a river... it flows and flows and flows.  My kids are growing up way too fast making me wish that time would somehow slow down...
God who is the spring of the river of life, He has plans, places, purposes that time’s current will carry these children to — off to destinations, to new skin, to kingdom dreams.

The water cycle streams: from Him, through Him and to Him are all things. 

~ Ann Voskamp
... to kingdom dreams --- that is my prayer for my girl on this day, her birthday... that she would pursue kingdom dreams!  Somehow... I have a feeling that she already is!  :-)

Fall 2010 - advocating for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment