Monday, September 3, 2012

September's Arrival...

Labour Day weekend already...
Friends, this means only one thing... September's here!

In many ways, September represents new beginnings for our family... a brand-new school year, a brand-new ministry year! As we gear up for the start of these new beginnings, it somehow feels strangely like New Year's Day!

Because of that, I am taking a moment today to reflect on my One Word for 2012... which came to me on New Year's Eve. That word is... SOAR... from the verse in Isaiah 40:31 where it says:
... but those who hope in the Lord
          will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
          they will run and not grow weary,
          they will walk and not be faint.
soar (sôr)
1. To rise, fly, or glide high and with little apparent effort.
2. To climb swiftly or powerfully.
3. To ascend suddenly above the normal or usual level: Our spirits soared.
I love the first definition... to rise, fly, or glide high and with little apparent effort. 

With. Little. Apparent. Effort. 
I love it! At the start of this year, I wrote...
In 2012, I want to soar... not with my own might, but with God giving me flight... to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with Him.
Friends, I must say that it has not been easy letting go and letting God lead. Yet, I've learned that when I do finally release my grip and just soar with God... it's been fulfilling, rewarding, far beyond what I could ask or imagine!

It is my prayer on this first Monday in September, as our family embarks on many new beginnings this Fall season, that I will continue to soar with God... to hope in the Lord... to allow Him to renew my strength.

As I continue to count grace-gifts, with unending thanks... for gifts from a God who renews my strength as I hope in Him... these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1528 - #1539:
:: Trusting that HE will give me strength to soar with this... Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy... happening September 29th, right here in Toronto! It's now crunch time. So looking forward to it! I am beyond excited!
:: Several media opportunities coming up to help promote the above event!

:: A whole week of basketball training for my girl.
:: Then a whole weekend of playing in a tournament.
:: My girl visiting the World Vision head office here in the GTA with her Youth Pastor and learning about their work and their ministry.
:: My boy away for two days this past week at a Leadership Camp with peers from his school.
:: Dinner out with my girl... girls' night out!
:: Lunch with my sister and her kids, then mending my niece's school uniform.
:: Meal planning and grocery shopping... no more eating out once school starts!
:: Preparing for my boy's 12th birthday party!
:: Awed by God's grace as my boy asks his birthday party guests to bring brand-new socks and underwear for the homeless men who sleep at The Salvation Army Gateway, in lieu of presents for him! This mama's heart is bursting with joy and filled to the brim with happiness!
:: My boy's fresh haircut!
Happy Monday, friends!
This week, this... of seeing all as grace, even cindered days!
All the world is window. People, circumstances, situations, relationships, no material is opaque. If we are willing to see, all in transparent. All of this globe is but glass to God. Eucharisteo washes the windows. Eucharisteo, wholesale worship, is redemptive work, wiping away the soot of days cindered.
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Praying with you. Wonderful. Soar.

    God is amazing. Thinking lots of your special day.... Sept 29th!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete