Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dear God...

We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to His purpose. ~ Romans 8:28. CEB.
What a beautiful promise that is, dear God. One that has taken me many years to fully grasp... yet You have been faithful... patiently waiting for me to get it, relentlessly pursing me so that I will understand it, lavishly loving me so that I will embrace it.

Oh. such. amazing. grace!

Grace in the form of my daughter who decided one Christmas a few years ago that all she wanted as a Christmas present is a sister from Compassion International. Thus, started our journey into child sponsorship.

What we didn't know was how much our hearts would change in just a short period of time... how much our hearts would be broken for the things that break Yours!

This journey has taken us to the opposite side of the world... where we met Florianlyn... and also Rochelle... where the reality of extreme poverty stared us right in the face... and changed us forever!

This journey has compelled us to respond... in a way that seems radical to most, in a way that seems crazy even to us... yet You kept opening doors, nudging us to say "Yes!", and making this... Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy a reality... in order to raise funds to build a Compassion Child Development Centre on that very piece of land that our family set foot on last summer!

God, You truly do work all things together for good...
I can grasp that now. I get it now. I understand it now. I embrace it now!
Oh my words could not tell, not even in part...
Of the debt of love that is owed by this thankful heart. ~ Matt Redman
Words aren't adequate to express the thankfulness that my heart feels so I will simply say, "Thank you, God"... for teaching our family what it truly means to do justice, to love mercy and to walk humbly with You. We are forever grateful...

With unending thanks because You never let us go...
Your daughter, Aimee.  

*******************************************

Friends, as I link up with the community over at A Holy Experience on The Practice of New Habits... as a whole community of bloggers Walk with Him and write about a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to God's heart... I hope that my prayer has encouraged you to let God take you on the same journey that He's taken our family, into child sponsorship with Compassion International.

Friends, as you can see...
Child sponsorship with Compassion International has changed our family's life!

When we started out in this journey of sponsoring children, we did so with the desire to change the lives of these children and their families. Little did we know, God was going to change us in the process too!

It's been a beautiful change... like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon. Friends, do you want to experience the same transformation? 

If your answer is YES, I urge you to start your journey here... go ahead, click on the link and look at those faces staring back at you on the screen... choose one, or two, even three... and pray over them! And ask God what He would have you do and be amazed as He orchestrates a beautiful transformation in your life!

Happy Wednesday, friends!
But I have sure faith that I will experience the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! Hope in the Lord! Be strong! Let your heart take courage! Hope in the Lord!
~ Psalm 27:13-14, CEB.
Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts...
I promise you will be blessed!



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your story.... love reading how Compassion came to be in each of our lives. God is so faithful. He has changed us too.... please be praying as our oldest daughter is not able to continue (and is behind) on her sponsorship with a sweet little girl from Tanzania. She's had her for two years. We are praying. My heart is hurting. May be a possibility.....

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Teena... I will be praying... that the sweet Compassion girl from Tanzania will continue to be sponsored.

    The comforting thing is that God has her in the palm of His hands! ♥

    ReplyDelete