Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living Proof Live Toronto

So, this past weekend was Living Proof Live here in Toronto!  I went to the conference together with my two sisters and two of our childhood girlfriends.  It was all of our first time hearing Beth Moore teach in person... we had a GREAT time!  Great chats, good food and no sleep!!!


Beth spoke from Isaiah 43:16-21, specifically on verses 18 and 19:
This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters, 
who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:

Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past. 
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

The wild animals honor me,
the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen, 
the people I formed for myself
that they may proclaim my praise.
The whole message was broken down into seven points and they are:

1. God is up to something new.
2. God rarely does a new thing the old way.
3. God can do something new in an old place.
4. Just patching up the old won't result in something new.
5. We, too, must be up to something new.
6. God grants new mercies for each new day.
7. I'm making everything new!

In The Message, Isaiah 43:18-19 is written like this:
Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history.  Be alert, be present.  I'm about to do something brand-new.  Don't you see it?  There it is!  I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.
I love it! God is up to something new... am I ready? Are you? We need to be alert, be present; don't be caught up with what's behind us or what's in the future. Be in the moment. Take it in; be alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment