Friday, November 16, 2007

HE Does Not Forget!

My daughter went for a sleepover at a friend's house last night. When I dropped her off, I was busy chit-chatting with my friend (the mom) at the front door. After which, I hastily said goodbye to my daughter. As I was driving away, it occured to me that I did not even hug and kiss my daughter before I left. I left with just a wave and some goodbye words! That is so not me! Well, I guess it is now...

While I am certain that my daughter is secure knowing that I love her, last night I failed to demonstrate that love to her by a simple act of a hug and a kiss. I thought to myself --- I sure am glad that God is not like me! He does not ever forget to demonstrate His love for me, His child, each and every single day.

A loving family, a comfortable home, a friend's listening ear, a peace that transcends understanding, warm sunshine, birds chirping, snow flurries, coffee in the morning, provision of needs --- these are just a few examples of how God has chosen to demonstrate His great love to me lately. Wow, it is utterly awesome to know that the God of the universe whom I love and serve does not and will not ever forget!

Back to my daughter --- she is still at her friend's house and will be home just after lunch today. You can be sure that I will be hugging and kissing her to pieces the moment she steps in the front door!

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! ..... Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."
---1 John 3:1-3 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment