Friday, November 30, 2007

Advancing From Faith To Faith

This quote is part of my Bible Study homework this week, Week 5: God's Voice Reveals His Plan --- "One of the ways we know His voice is that its content is such that He keeps us at a point of trusting Him for something new - in ourselves, in our loved ones, in our ministry. Trusting Him for deeper levels. For more growth. For wider usage. And always advancing from faith to faith." ---Peter Lord, as printed in 'Discerning the Voice of God' by Priscilla Shirer, page 97.

I was instantly drawn to this quote as I was doing the homework for Day 4 in Week 5. This quote demonstrates to me the fact that when God asks us to step out in faith and step away from our comfort zone, He is indeed asking us to trust Him fully because He is going to use us to achieve His purposes here on earth --- to advance us from faith to faith. Wow, that is a humbling, yet exciting thought!

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
---Isaiah 55:9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment