Sunday, February 27, 2011

One Thousand Gifts - Chapter 7

The vlog for Chapter 7 (Seeing Through The Glass) of Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts is now online.  I blogged earlier this week about my thoughts and lessons learned from this chapter.  It is truly a great chapter for those of us who are parents to read!  When some parenting days are tougher than others, I will remember that...
Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle. (One Thousand Gifts, page 128.)
At church this morning, the teaching was about grace... what a coincidence! ;-)  I love this declaration that our Teaching Pastor invited us to say with him:
I am a saint.  I am specially called by God to reflect His image to this world in all that I am and do.  Partnering with God to be like Jesus is my goal, my calling, my purpose in life, my reason for being.  It is a life of absolute love and joy, and one that I desire above all other lesser ways of living.  I understand that anything that works against my reason for being is sin.  With God's help, I choose to reject any lesser way of living.
It made me think of the subtitle for One Thousand Gifts and it is... a dare to LIVE FULLY right where you are.  A life of absolute love and joy... that is my humble prayer, it is my heart's desire!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment