Saturday, January 8, 2011

Radical, The Book

So... I was knocked out by a stomach flu for the past two days... confined to my bed.  I slept the first day away.

On the second day, although my body was weak, my mind was fully awake!  I decided I would not waste a second day sleeping... so I picked up my copy of David Platt's Radical and decided to re-read it again.

Can I just say... this time, words were leaping out of the book at me!  The book's message very much in line with what God has been impressing upon our family this New Year!  Amazing!!!

This is the same book that my hubby couldn't put down during our vacation this past summer.  People who know him personally would know he's not an avid reader.  So... for him to read a book from cover to cover in just a few sittings would have to mean the book has captivated him a lot!

Here's a short video about the book... 

Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.


As a Christ follower, there is no other way but to live life radically! It is His command to us.  I am looking forward to hearing the 2nd part of the teaching on Compassion By Command at church tomorrow.  

When God speaks to us, we must respond!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment