Monday, October 27, 2008

Shoebox Time!

It's shoebox time again! This is one of our best-loved family traditions. This year, little cousin A is finally old enough to understand the whole idea of packing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes so we invited her to come and join in the par-tay!!! The children (and the mommies --- my sister and me) worked hard and had lots of fun at the same time!

Here are some photos:

All done!
Twenty-one shoeboxes filled with goodies ready to be sent off.
Great job --- Big A, Big J and Little A!!!
We can't wait for the rest of the littler cousins to grow up and join in the tradition!

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus Himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
---Acts 20:35 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. I've only ever mailed a doll to Smile of a child. What a great thing to do for the Lord esp. with children! I look forward to being a first time mommy, sometime in the near future. I think my hubby and I may start this tradition regardless of prego or not but I believe we will be! Praise HIM always Our Lord of Lords forever reigns! Love a sister in Christ,
    Mrs. Tiffany Renee Phillips

    ReplyDelete