Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are Those Snowflakes???

So, while I was working away this afternoon I happened to glance out the window. What do I see? Flurries! Snowflakes! Already?!? Well, I guess so...why not! We do live in the Great White North!

The flurries definitely made me start thinking about Christmas --- my favourite time of year! An email I received today helped jump start that thought as well...reminding me that Christmas is only two months away. Ahhhh...my thoughts immediately jumped to my Christmas "to-do-list", I panic a bit, then I pause to think. Why do we always get so caught up with all the "to-dos" at Christmas that we get all flustered, stressed, out-of-sorts? Do we really have to do all that?

I wondered if we plan for a simple Christmas instead, what would it feel like? What does simple look like? Would it be more special? Would it create more memories? Hmmm...some food for thought! I'm going to think some more on this (since I do still have two months!) and maybe we might just try a "simple Christmas" this year. I like that thought!

Luke 2:10-11 (NIV) --- But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."

2 comments:

  1. For YEARS I have been wanting to do a 'simple Christmas', but my own love for decorating and 'doing', plus my son's obvious unease about such a thing has stopped me.

    This year, finances may be able to talk me into trying something I really think God would have liked me to do some time ago. Sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete