Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What If...

What if we all just give Christmas away?  I'm still singing the song Give This Christmas Away... and thinking... what if we all did that?  The world would indeed be a more beautiful place!

God has sooooo encouraged me this week.  Upon taking on the project to buy Christmas presents and to provide the cost of busing to a Christmas Party for a group of under privileged children who live in one of the toughest neighbourhoods in our city... I silently wondered if our family could do this well enough on our own.  Little did I know, God was already one step ahead of me.  He just wanted our family to say "YES" by faith first... then He'd show us His plan after that!  

So... after saying "YES" to what seemed like a huge project (both financially and time-wise) to me, God provides!  I mentioned the project to my sister and, as a result, she has her whole Bible Study group taking part!!!  As I sit here writing this post, I am truly amazed!  If we are willing to obey, God will take care of the details.  A HUGE portion of the bus cost is now covered and eight (out of the 28) children now have gift sponsors!  God has, again, successfully blown my socks off!

Give This Christmas Away by Matthew West and Amy Grant: 
What if I told you... you have the power to give someone hope beyond their wildest dreams. What if I told you... it’s right there in your hands, in your hands.
It’s hard to imagine how something so small can make all the difference... tear down the tallest wall.  What if December looked different this year...
What if we all just give this Christmas away. If there’s love in your heart don’t let it stay there. Give this Christmas away and your life will be changed by the gifts you receive when you give this Christmas away.
It’s feeding the hungry, serving the poor.  It’s telling the orphan: "You’re not forgotten anymore." It’s doing what love does even when no one’s watching you.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son so we could be His hands, His feet, His love. His love.
Give Christmas away. Give it away.
Here I am.  Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment