Monday, September 17, 2007

When Peace Like A River...

This past Sunday, I was on the worship band again. The worship experience was powerful, and so was the message that was preached. The closing song was the beautiful hymn, It Is Well With My Soul. It was sung with so much power and emotion, it was difficult for me to focus on the music in front of me. It was really moving!

This photo, which I took of my hubby and my daughter at a friend's cottage this past summer, although taken at a lake (and not beside a river), reminds me so much of that hymn's very beautiful and very meaningful lyrics. Here are my favourite verses from that hymn:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul. It is well, with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul.

The sermon was on Hebrews 10:19-39 --- a call to persevere. Verses 35-39 says: 'So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.'

What a glorious day it will be when our Lord, Jesus Christ, comes back to take us home with Him to eternity. I can't wait! Last Saturday night, we brought the kids to attend Heaven's Rehearsal. It was an awesome worship experience seeing sooooo many many people from different backgrounds and walks of life coming together to worship the Almighty God. Truly a one-of-a-kind experience! It truly was like a little sneak peek of what it will be like in heaven!!! So glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment