Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dog Tags

These are my daughter's Dare To Be A Daniel dog tags. They came in the mail a few days ago. She has been eagerly anticipating their arrival for weeks now having completed the online training this past summer. She wore them to school the very next morning and came home at lunch telling me how a couple of her friends actually read the tags! That is exciting!

I prayed and asked God that morning that my daughter would get some interest when her friends see these tags dangling from her neck. I feel such joy knowing that my daughter is doing something about her faith; that she is living it out for her friends to see. It has actually been a great reminder for me --- that I need to be more intentional in my approach to sharing my faith with others!

The dog tags came with a 'Certified Junior Evangelist' ID card and this is what appears on the backside of it: As a member of the Dare To Be A Daniel Team, I purpose in my heart to honor the Lord Jesus Christ with:

My hands, as I serve Him;
My feet, as I stand firm for Him;
My eyes, as I look to Him;
My ears, as I listen to His commands;
My mouth, as I speak His truth.

That is my prayer for my daughter today. I pray that she will continue to 'Dare To Be A Daniel' and will forever look to her Heavenly Father for the strength to help her live out her faith on a daily basis!

You go, girl! I am one proud mama! :-)

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
---Mark 16:15 NIV

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
---Matthew 5:14-16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment