Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Yesterday, Today and Forever

My little boy and I are home alone today, as my daughter is away at camp and hubby is at work. It's been nice to have this time alone with my boy. It's brought back memories for me when he was still in Kindergarten and was home every afternoon with me.

So, while I was doing some work on the computer this morning, he was on his. While playing one of his games, he broke out singing, out of the blue: 

"Yesterday, today and forever; You are the same, You never change. Yesterday, today and forever; You are faithful and we will trust in You."

It warmed my heart hearing those words come out of his mouth. I then wondered what those words mean to him... so I asked him. Innocently, he said: "Mom, it means, God will never change!" 

We then talked about how God's love for us never changes, He will always be there for us, He will always know what's best for us. I'm so glad I caught him singing today and was able to take advantage of that teachable moment. 

At times, I am so engrossed working on the computer that I tune out what the children are saying (or singing, in this case). I was reminded today of what the Bible teaches us: "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 12:7 NIV. 

I was reminded today that I am to be teaching my children about God at each and every opportunity that I have. Teachable moments...I will be looking out for those as often as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment