Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'm Surviving...

One more sleep and my daughter will be home from camp! Yipee!

All week, I've had this lump in my throat and knot in my heart. It felt very weird not having her here at home with us especially at night time when I see her empty bed.

Yesterday afternoon, my son went to a friend's birthday party. We usually stay with him at parties because of his peanut/nut allergy but this time he announced that he's ready to be left all by himself as he's a big boy now.

Right after dropping him off, the lump in my throat and the knot in my heart suddenly doubled in size. Oh, the joys of motherhood eh?

I asked my hubby how I can expect to survive if these kids choose to go away for university?!? It occured to me that they are starting to grow wings to fly! My babies are growing up. Are they ready to go out and face the world? Have we prepared them enough and taught them adequately? Are they suited with the full armour of God --- the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, the word of God?

That is precisely our calling as parents... to equip our little ones with the full armour of God so that when the time comes that their wings are fully grown, they will be ready to fly!

1 comment:

  1. It's becoming obvious to me that Anika has grown tremendously while I was away for 10 days. She told me this afternoon that she is ready to go to school. I said, if you go in September mommy won't be there with you - she said, OK, mom. So I hear ya!!! Wings!!!!

    ReplyDelete