Monday, July 2, 2007

A Whole New World...

Blogging world... here I come! 

This is all new to me and I'm sure excited and eager to get started. This will be a great tool to keep family and friends in touch and updated on what's happening with us from time to time. 

Aside from keeping family and friends updated and connected, I hope to be able to express my thoughts here on what it means to me personally to be 'a mom on a mission'... the Bible says: "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 137:3 NASB. The Bible also teaches us to: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV. Wow, what an awesome responsibility! Jesus also said: "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 NIV. 

To me, parenthood is the single most demanding, yet rewarding, job there is on earth. God has entrusted these little people to us and we are to ensure that we do our utmost best in raising them up to be great men and great women of faith! I once read these quotes from a little book called 'God Is In The Small Stuff' and they have really stuck with me: "Teach your children by your words (make sure they are kind), by your actions (make sure they are wholesome), and by your temperament (make sure it is controlled)." Also: "Kiss your kids good-night every evening, even if it wakes them up." 

I won't be able to kiss my little girl good-night all of this week as she is off to her very first overnight camp! Actually, she's my 'not-so-little-anymore' girl, she's 10 years old! She's only been gone for less than 6 hours and I miss her already. Will I survive the week? I know she will and that she'll have tons of fun with friends, at the same time learning lots about God's love for her... it's time for Mom to grow up, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment