Monday, August 20, 2012

Two More Weeks...

The sun sets, as we drive towards home.

Friends, how is it that Summer manages to pass by so quickly?
I can't believe that in just two more weeks, school starts up again! What I can't believe even more is that my girl will be in Grade 10 {second year in high school} and my boy will be entering Grade 7 {he'll be an intermediate student!}.

Time, would you please slow down just a tad bit?

As we enjoy these last two weeks of summer... we are also looking forward to a new year! In many ways, September marks the start of a new year for us... new school year, new ministry year, new friends, new adventures, new challenges, new endeavors!

In all this anticipation for the new... my heart finds comfort in the one thing that stays the same... the steadfast love of the Lord!
God is happiest of all. Joy is God's life. Don't I yearn for it to be mine?
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts.
Yes! This yearning for Joy... the yearning for God's life! I want it to be mine. This, I believe, is found when one finds comfort and draws strength from that steadfast love of the Father... for it never ceases, it never comes to an end, it is new every morning!

As I continue to count grace-gifts, with a grateful heart... for gifts from a God who is the same --- yesterday, today, and tomorrow... these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1512 - #1519:
:: Trusting that HE alone will be glorified in this... Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy.

:: HE is in the details, even difficult ones... and I don't have to fret.
:: A fun night for hubby and my boy paint-balling with friends.
:: My Heavenly Father's extravagant and lavish love for me... earthly relationships may disappoint, yet His love never fails! 
:: An awesome night spent with our UrbanPromise Camp Freedom family!
:: My kids writing letters to our sponsor children.
:: Attending elder training at our church... and looking forward to launching a Meeting House Home Church right here at our house this Fall!
:: My girl being part of the Student Leadership Team of our church's youth group this year.

Happy Monday, friends!
This, just this... my prayer this week...
I was lost but know I am found again, Jesus, and I know what I want: to see deeply, to thank deeply, to feel joy deeply.
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment