Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Summer Days


These last days of summer... they are bittersweet!
In just one week, school starts back up and it gets busy again for me at my work!

It's truly been a good summer for our family. A tad bit too busy for my liking, but lots of time just hanging out as well... so it's all good!
When I realize that it is not God who is in my debt but I who am in His great debt, then doesn't all become gift?
Ahhh, grace... the Gift of Grace! My girl's most recent blog post is about just. that. Giving thanks for everything... for all is grace.

As I continue to count grace-gifts, with unending thanks... for gifts from a God who is always good... these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1520 - #1527:
:: Trusting that HE will accomplish great things through this... Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy.

:: My girl's passion for and gift of writing. She's been churning out some great pieces lately! ♥
:: Having connected and caught up with several friends this past week.
:: A summer basketball tournament.
:: Nice drive up to the farm... chatting with the farmer and finding out that his family loves Jesus, too! ♥
:: An opportunity to teach the children at church on Sunday morning as a Summer Serve volunteer... while not a strength of mine, I did enjoy it!
:: Carseats donated by people from our church family for expectant moms ministered to by the Pregnancy Care Centre.
:: A productive Sunday afternoon!
Happy Monday, friends!
This week, just this... being fully alive... and beholding God!
It's true! What that ancient man Irenaus, very disciple of the spostle John, wrote, "The glory of God is the human being fully alive and the life of the human consists in beholding God." Don't I give God most glory when I am fully alive? And I am most fully alive beholding God!
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. It seems incredible to me that the summer is morphing into fall. I'm glad to see it go--we lived hard and joyful in many ways during it, but after the drought and heat, it's hard work to take to heart the lesson that all is gift. When fields burn to a crisp and the whole earth cries out for water, it makes you appreciate the Biblical words on water so much more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes... it's sure been a tough summer for farmers. We buy our meat from a local farmer and have heard drought & heat stories from him.

      Thanks for dropping by today!

      Delete