Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring!


Spring has sprung, friends! 
And... it's beautiful!

One of the things I anticipate most in the garden during early Spring is the flowering of my forsythia bush. The flaming yellow flowers that bloom in abundance add so much beauty and colour to the garden at a time when all the other plants are just getting started to come back!

As has become our usual this season, we had an incredibly busy week... but we did enjoy the gift of a relaxing weekend. Our kids were away at the Spring Youth Retreat with our church, so we didn't have to go to their basketball games. Hubby and I ate out all weekend long and also started working on a wooden bench/planter for our front-yard garden!

Looking at my calendar, this week is shaping up to be yet another busy one! I am thankful for God's sustaining grace... for He gives "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow... blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!" How great is His faithfulness!!!

As I continue to count grace-gifts! These are the things I am thankful for this week... #1349 - #1359:

:: Easter Monday dinner with family at my sister's house.
:: Watching and cheering for my boy as he played basketball!
:: God's protection on my boy as he slammed into the unpadded portion of the concrete gym wall in an attempt to keep the ball in play... my heart truly skipped a beat as I witnessed the fall.
:: My girl volunteering to ref the games... giving back to the school she graduated from.
:: Both kids' excitement as they prepare and pack for a weekend away with their Youth Group.
:: My girl playing keys on the band at the retreat. ♥
:: Volunteering at the Compassion Canada booth during MissionFest Toronto.
:: Hearing Compassion Canada's President and CEO, Barry Slauenwhite speak about The 4/14 Window... eye-opening and very inspiring!
:: Awesome pastors and leaders at our church who believe in the importance of investing in youth.
:: Both kids being reminded about giving God control {the topic taught at the retreat}.
:: Great momentum in fundraising for our church's Group Build Day with Habitat!

Happy Monday, friends!
May you be looking forward, as I am... to slowing down in spite of a busy week... to stop and smell the roses... to intentionally look for and see the goodness of our God!
If I want the fullest life, I need to find fullest time. I wipe a water spot off tap, there in reflection of cheek and, oh yes, I know you, the busyness of your life leaving little room for the source of your life. I'm the face grieving.
God gives us time. And who has time for God? 
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that to soar we need to slow! I love your last "gift".. kids reminding you of His truth. Doesn't God so often speak through His littlest ones? Glad to meet you thru Ann today.

    ReplyDelete