Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Let It Rain... Let It Rain...

I am listening to Michael W. Smith worship tunes today as I work. Blasting out of the speakers right now is the song Let It Rain.
Let it rain, let it rain.
Open the floodgates of Heaven.
The Heavens proclaim His righteousness
And all peoples will see His Glory.
We want to see Your Glory, God!
Do you want to see His Glory?
Lift your voices, lift your hands!
Let it rain, let it rain.
Open the floodgates of Heaven.
Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.


At the same time, this Twitter feed comes up:


I look up Malachi 3:9-11 and verse 10 says this:
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."
We want to see Your Glory, God!
Do you want to see His Glory?

Then we must "bring the whole tithe into the storehouse!"

Last week, Tony Campolo came to speak at our church. This Fall season, together as a faith community, we are aiming to pack 1000 AIDS Care Kits, collect 1000 AIDS Care Cards and sponsor 1000 World Vision children from Mposa, Malawi {pretty much all the children in that one village}!!!

All I can say is, "Wow, that is radical!"

Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.

To watch Tony Campolo's message in its entirety, please click here.

Our family continues to be amazed, humbled and thankful that God has led us to be a part of a church family that is so passionate about being compassionate to those who are marginalized both locally and globally. It is truly a community of people living out the radical gospel of Jesus Christ!

And God is so gracious... despite my weaknesses, my fears, my selfish desires and my inadequacies. This Fall, He has graciously given me the opportunity to serve as the Volunteer Compassion Coordinator at the Uptown site of our church. It is a responsibility that I do not take lightly... I want to do this well, to be faithful.

There are still days when I ask, "Why me, God?" At the same time, I am challenged... I am full of anticipation... full of excitement... for how God will use me in this role, for what He will enable us to accomplish as a community of faith.

Lead me, Lord. I will follow... let it rain, let it rain!

Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts every Wednesday...
I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. How amazing! Isn't it great how God works! Praying for you! I love that song...

    You are very blessed in your church, in our area/church we fall so short of global missions. I have asked to share Compassion at my church and others... doors are not open. God will make a way though.

    We're going to Secret Church tonight at a church nearby. Have you heard of that? My first time going to SC. I love David Platt.

    So tired of just being comfortable...

    Love reading here...

    Grace~

    ReplyDelete