Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sport Stacking Champ!

I am now mommy to a Sport Stacking Champ! Yesterday, my daughter competed in our province's World Sport Stacking Championships at Canada's Wonderland. She went all the way to the finals in all three of her events: 3-3-3, 3-6-3 and Cycle. Here is a video of her during the final round for the "Cycle" event for which she placed first!!! It still has to be officially verified, but we think that she's going to hold the provincial record for this event for the 11-year-old category with 11.08 seconds.

Here are her results:
First Place in Cycle
Time: 11.36 (elimination round)
Time: 11.08 (final round)

Third Place in 3-3-3
Time: 3.18 (elimination round)
Time: 3.22 (final round)

Fourth Place in 3-6-3
Time: 3.96 (elimination round)
Time: 4.00 (final round)

She broke her personal bests in all three events. She is very happy and proud of herself! We are too! After the competition, she told me that she knows why she broke all her previous records and did so well during the competition --- it's because she's never prayed previously before stacking but at the competition, she did! :-)

And, finally, I just want to share this priceless photo of my "mommy reaction" when we found out she won first place in the "Cycle" event. Photo courtesy of hubby's anticipation of my reaction --- he had the camera pointed at me without my knowledge!!!



"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father,..."
---James 1:17 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment