Friday, October 19, 2012

A Joy to Celebrate

One morning this week...
I woke up to an email that made me smile. Yes! Even before my mandatory morning coffee, a smile was already on my face! ;-)

These were the words sprawled across my computer screen...
I started looking at the Compassion site... as soon as I saw her, I knew I would sponsor her.
The author of those words? An acquaintance... a friend of my sister's. She said she heard me present Compassion's ministry, as a Volunteer Advocate, at a Mom's Conference over a year ago... my very first one, one where I so nervously clutched my notes, one where my words tripped over each other, one where I thought no one was listening... little did I realize then, God does not waste any moment. He does not waste anything!


And this acquaintance, this friend... she clicks over to Compassion Canada's website... and started browsing... until a little girl caught her eye, captured her heart!

A little girl from Colombia... a little girl with the same name as her daughter... a little girl with the same birthday as her daughter!!!

Can you believe it? God is just so amazing and so wonderful that way... to match this family with this Colombian Compassion Child in such a special way! Just. So. Beautiful!

And my girl's Happyness?
Today is her birthday!!! And... sweet Happyness has recently shaved her head! My girl has written a blog post all about Happyness' new 'do and how she would like you to celebrate Happyness' birthday today!!! Please take a few minutes and hop over to my girl's blog to read her heart. Thank you, friends!

Happyness! 

I am celebrating JOY today...
... in a most special way! :-) And relishing in the goodness and awesomeness of our God!


This month of October, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. I will be writing about Celebrating JOY! Click on the banner below for 1000+ other topics! 


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment