Monday, June 4, 2012

Unqualified

Kalanchoe and fern plants in plant pots from the Habitat ReStore. 
"My dear friends, remember what you were when God chose you. The people of this world didn't think that many of you were wise. Only a few of you were in places of power, and not many of you came from important families. But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.
What the world thinks is worthless, useless, and nothing at all is what God has used to destroy what the world considers important."

~ 1 Corinthians 1:26-28, CEV.
I am awed, anew... because God calls the unqualified. 
Again, great Sunday at church! The teaching we heard reminded me of God's extravagant love for us... relentlessly pursuing us as we lived the life of the prodigal son.
God is relentlessly pursuing me with an open invitation to experience His lavish love. Coming home is coming to the end of myself and opening myself up to be fully known, fully embraced, fully secured and fully loved. ~ Christa Hesselink.
As I continue to count grace-gifts, these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1416 - #1425:

:: That God still chooses to invite me to partner with Him, even though I am unfaithful and unqualified.
:: Ann Voskamp saying, "Yes!".
:: Learning more about the ministry of Matthew House.
:: Preparing to advocate for the Pregnancy Care Centre at the 100 Women Who Care event.
:: A new month!
:: Rain... watering my garden.
:: Getting to know a sister-in-Christ, her strength so inspired me!
:: Giving a gift of One Thousand Gifts!
:: Eating yummy blooming onion at Ribfest!
:: My parents visiting... 

Happy Monday, friends!
May you be looking forward, as I am, to a new week of really living knowing that you are fully known, fully embraced, fully secured and fully loved by our Heavenly Father!
Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus. Eucharisteo, eucharisteo. That keeps the focus simple-sacred.
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment