Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

Focal living is a key way to begin living lives that are rich, fulfilling and meaningful. This can be the key to living the good life.
Our lives are shaped by our focus.

~ Dr. Arthur Boers, Choosing What Matters in an Age of Distraction
The counting of grace-gifts... 
It has truly become a focal practice for me these past couple of years! It has helped me to experience the lavish and extravagant love of my Heavenly Father in a way that I have not experienced before. It has drawn me closer to Jesus! This daily hunt for grace-gifts has made the goodness of God come into focus in my life!

Dr. Arthur Boers, author of Choosing What Matters in an Age of Distraction, was the guest teacher at church yesterday. Great insights!  

Before he taught, a video of our church's Habitat Group Build Day was shown... it was weird to see myself on the big screen... truly a humbling and worship-filled moment for me, God truly does use the unqualified. Dr. Boers talked about how participating in initiatives such as a Habitat Build can be a focal practice!

Here's that video:


Our family had a great week, nicely paced and not too busy... and we had an awesome Father's Day weekend! My girl wrote this Father's Day blog post in honour of hubby... I love it! Friends, in the blog post you will read about the man I married... I truly am blessed beyond measure!!!

The highlight of our weekend was taking part in a Habitat Home Dedication on Sunday afternoon with a few people from our church family! Oh. So. Heartwarming! What an awesome way to celebrate Father's Day!!!

And then, it was dinner with my side of the family to celebrate Father's Day!

My sisters and I with our Dad.

Our kids... cousins!!!

As I continue to count grace-gifts, these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1436 - #1444:

:: Baking cupcakes for my sister's birthday.
:: Attending a Tea Party for volunteers at my boy's school.
:: Volunteering with my co-workers as part of Nielsen Global Impact Day.
:: Dinner get-togethers with family and friends.
:: My parents celebrating 42 years of being married.
:: Packing up used clothes to send to Malawi.
:: A relaxing Saturday!
:: Time to do some gardening.
:: An awesome Father's Day weekend!!!

Happy Monday, friends!
May you be looking forward, as I am, to a new week of choosing what matters in this age of distraction. Friends, let's choose to give thanks with intentionality!
I feel Him hold me - flail child tired in Father's arms. And I can hear Him soothe soft, "Are your ways My ways, child? Can you eat my Manna, sustain on my Mystery? Can you believe that I tenderly, tirelessly, work all for the best good of the whole world - because my flame love for you can never, ever, be quenched?"
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. how special.... I love the picture of your parents... and family. These counting gifts have changed my perspective too... I see life different. The hard is not so hard... b/c His grace gifts.

    We were able to see pics of Erik's family!

    Thank you my friend for sharing!

    love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete