Monday, June 11, 2012

One Year Older

Loved holding this precious little one... at the Baby Shower that
my sister's church hosted for clients of the Pregnancy Care Centre.
What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it — we're called children of God! That's who we really are.

~ 1 John 3:1 (The Message)
God is always good and I am always loved! 
What an amazing truth to fully embrace as I celebrate becoming one year older! I had a great birthday weekend... busy, but low key and enjoyable, definitely my preferred way to celebrate. :-)

Friday started off with my boy having a day off from school! My girl also came home early and hubby had a low-key day in terms of work. Plus, my parents {who are visiting from the Philippines} spent the weekend with us. My sister and nephew also came for a visit. Family is truly a gift!

Sharing a birthday cake with my sister, just like old times!
Our birthdays are three days apart. :-)
Baby Shower gifts!!!

My sister, my mom, my girl and I spent some of the afternoon shopping and wrapping presents... for 8 clients of the Pregnancy Care Centre, an organization on which hubby serves as a Board Member. My sister's church hosted a Baby Shower for these precious moms and moms-to-be on Saturday! What a beautiful way to spend my birthday... wrapping gifts to give away... blessing those who are in need!

As I continue to count grace-gifts, these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1426 - #1435:

:: A wonderful weekend of celebration!
:: HIS lavish and relentless love!
:: Feeling blessed and being a blessing!
:: Family togetherness.
:: Birthday roses from hubby...
:: Starbucks gift card from my girl... and,
:: A beautiful watering can from my boy!
:: Attending my girl's school art show... seeing her impressive works of art!
:: Fresh-from-the-farm eggs and strawberries.
:: Church picnic!

Happy Monday, friends!
May you be looking forward, as I am, to a new week of basking in the marvelous love that the Father has extended to us!
And I feel it again today and I again breathe: A good God plans everything. Everything. So a good God can only... make plans for good.
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your birthday was great. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love the pics.

    Miss seeing you blog. Summer is busy for us too... but so nice.

    much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Teena! Yes, blogging has been reduced to a once-a-week thing for me lately. It's been busy and summer break hasn't even started for us! Two more weeks...

      Hopefully, summer will be less busy!

      Delete