Friday, August 13, 2010

Midsummer Update

True to the title of my last blog post... it's been fairly silent on here this summer!  Being still and being silent is, oftentimes, a good thing.  It is most often in the stillness of the silence when one hears the still small voice of the Holy Spirit!

Many exciting things are unraveling and I am sensing that a change is inevitable in how we serve God this coming Fall.  I am slowly, but surely, warming up to the idea of this upcoming change... it will be different, but it will be good because God is good! :-)

We had a great time on our road trip which took us to Washington D.C. and also to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in Mill Run, PA.  It was an awesome time of just being together as a family and enjoying each other's company.  

Here are some photos:





Tomorrow, we are having my son's birthday party.  I can't believe he is turning 10 beginning of September!  This birthday party marks a milestone... you see, my son is asking his guests to contribute towards a Backpack Drive instead of buying him presents.  I am soooo proud of my little man... he is truly maturing; learning to "give himself away for the Kingdom of God."  

Our goal is 10 backpacks filled with school supplies to celebrate 10 awesome years with our little man! We will be delivering these backpacks next week to the Jane/Finch area of our city where a friend of ours runs a summer camp for children who live in coop housing complexes.  We were told that many of these children go to school with a plastic bag to contain their belongings... my heart grew sore hearing that!

My heart is now full and I am beaming... not only because my son is finally starting to think of others above himself, but also because 10 less children will be bringing plastic bags to school this year!

This is what makes me happy... making a difference, one small step at a time.  Here I am.  Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment