Saturday, August 14, 2010

10th Birthday Party

Today, we had a party to celebrate my son's 10th birthday!!!  I can't believe that my little man is turning 10 in a couple of weeks' time.

As I wrote in my previous post, this birthday is not only a milestone because he turns 10, it also is a milestone because he's grasped the idea of "giving one's self away for the Kingdom of God."  Instead of presents, he asked his guests to participate in a Backpack Drive for under privileged kids!!!  I am very happy to report that we reached our goal of 10 backpacks (to celebrate turning 10 years old)!!!

Here's the birthday boy with his two birthday cakes --- an R2D2 cake by Sandy's Sweets, a gift from my sister; and, a Star Wars The Clone Wars themed cake made by yours truly! :-)

Blowing out his birthday candles!!!

Thanking his guests for the donations with a speech he wrote himself... sooooo grown up!  Sigh... my little man is certainly not so little anymore!
Thank you all for coming to my 10th birthday party.  I hope you all had a great time.  I would also like to say thank you for all the donations for the backpacks.  These backpacks will help several children in the Jane and Finch area.  It will help them to have school supplies and a backpack to keep them in, which these kids have very little of or none.  Some use plastic bags as their school bag.  These backpacks will give them hope and tell them that someone loves them.  We shall deliver the backpacks to the Jane and Finch area on Thursday, August 19.  Thank you again for coming and I hope this was an inspirational and fun time for you.  Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Posing with all 10 backpacks filled with school supplies!!!

The 10 filled backpacks ready to be delivered and given away!!!

My heart is happy... I am truly one proud mama!

Proverbs 22:6 (NASB) --- "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment