Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday Grace-Gifts

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
~ Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
This past week, I celebrated 40 candles. With a grateful heart for His grace in my life, this 1,000 gifts list continues with...

The gift of age (#710)... for being older (#711) and hopefully, wiser (#712)... for the gift of more time to experience His grace-gifts (#713), more time to do thanks-living (#714), for family (#715), friends (#716) and co-workers (#717), for birthday cakes (#718) and birthday meals (#719), for sunshine (#720) and songbirds (#721), for a beautiful birthday! (#722)

#723 - #730
~ My girl being featured as a guest blogger!
~ Half price Tuesday at the movies.
~ Strength for a busy week.
~ Exploring what it means to be a volunteer Compassion Advocate, and
~ Coming to love the idea of it... and
~ Praying for the opportunity to serve in this way!
~ Cool evening breezes.
~ Celebrating my parents' 65th and 70th birthdays!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    It's exciting to hear you are exploring becoming an advocate for Compassion - if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to do my best to answer. I've been an advocate for 14ish years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jill! I had the initial "phone interview" last week with the Advocate Representative. She is talking to my references this week and we'll see where God leads from there... I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I found your blog via Ann Voskamp's site and I absolutely loved this post! God is working in my heart in a similar way. What a wonderful thing for your kids to witness as you ministered to those two people God brought across your path.
    Blessings to you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 40th birthday!! I'm very much enjoying being 40! How awesome that you are looking at becoming a Compassion advocate. Someday I would like to do that too, but we have to wait for the girls to be older and more settled. Will you visit the Compassion offices in Manila when you go to the Philippines?

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deborah. Yes, 40 feels good! And, yes, we are looking into visiting the Compassion offices in Manila.

    ReplyDelete