Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer Adventures - Part 4

The second week of school has started. My daughter and son have settled in quite nicely into Grade 6 and Grade 3 and I can't believe that summer is technically over! Well, here's one last blog entry about our summer adventures...

The last couple weeks of summer brought us to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Canada's Wonderland and also to the annual Canadian National Exhibition, more commonly known as The Ex.

Here are some photos from the Hockey Hall of Fame. Everyone needs to wear gloves to touch the Stanley Cup! We went with hubby's dad who is here to visit us:



Now, on the Canada's Wonderland. Let me tell you that our trip to Canada's Wonderland made me realize that I am officially old! You see, this year my daughter is finally tall enough to go on those huge roller coasters. So, being the fun mommy that I am, I agreed to go on the Behemoth with her!!! It is the newest ride at Canada's Wonderland --- just opened this year. All I can say to you is that when we got to the top of the first drop, at 230 feet in the air, I thought to myself: "Is it too late to get off?" --- seriously, I couldn't believe I agreed to go on it! I must admit though, it was a lot of fun.

As a teenager, I used to love roller coasters. As a mommy, I quickly realized that I don't love them as much as I used to anymore. Haha! After getting off the Behemoth, I was sick for almost two hours. Needless to say, that was my first and last ride of the day. Thankfully, hubby's teenage nephew came with us. He went on all the rides with our kids thereafter.

The Ex, on the other hand, was all fun! Here are a couple of photos taken at the Canadian Forces exhibit:



We had a lot of fun eating candy floss and corndogs, playing midway games, watching shows and parades! If only summer would last forever...

But the school year is upon us and we have to get back to routine. In a lot of ways, I welcome this familiar routine but a small part of me have come to love the carefree days of summer. There is always next summer...

"The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon. It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter."
---Psalm 74:16-17 NIV

1 comment: