Monday, March 5, 2012

First Monday in March!

Good morning, friends... on this first Monday in March! I can't believe how fast this year is going by. Soon, it will be Spring.

Our family had a busy weekend... full, but fun and fulfilling! On Friday night, we attended the graduation recital of my girl's piano teacher. My sister's choir sang at this recital. The final piece of the evening was called Revelation 21. All I can say is, "Wow!" It was so beautiful... moved me to tears!

Composer, conductor and choir taking the final bow.
The architecture of this church is breath-taking!
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

~ Revelation 21:1-7, NIV1984.
On Saturday evening, we led a team of about 20 people from our church to serve at Out of the Cold where we prepared and served dinner to about 100 people from the homeless community in our city. 

Dinner is served!

My kids helping to serve dinner. ♥

In spite of the busyness of the evening, I couldn't help but still see so much of the brokenness and suffering! It so pained my heart. Yet, I was reminded of the words from the musical composition that I heard just the night before... from Revelation 21... "They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes... the old order of things will pass away... He is making everything new!"

What a comforting thought! One day... there will no longer be a need for us to prepare and serve dinner for the homeless.

One day... 
A day I am so very much looking forward to.
But, until that day... 
Our family will continue to make a difference... 
No matter how small.

... which leads my thoughts to why I practice the daily counting of grace-gifts. It has truly helped me in my desire to fully live out my thanksgiving... for thanksgiving to become thanks-living!

As I continue on this hunt for grace-gifts, these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1279 - #1285:

:: Close to 3,000 (as of today) have read this story... only God can make that happen, especially considering the average views each of my blog posts get is about 50! I am thankful that He has chosen this story of thanks-living to encourage so many. I am utterly humbled... speechless.
:: My boy trying out for the school basketball team.
:: Matt Redman's 27 Million... to help release those trapped in modern day slavery.
:: Reading through Hope Lives with fellow Compassion Advocates.
:: Finally finding some time to write to our Compassion children.
:: Another night at Out of the Cold... with wonderful people from our community of faith.
:: Hanging out with hubby while the kids catch a Raptors game with their Youth Group.

Happy Monday, friends!
May you be looking forward, as I am... to another week full of God's blessings and His goodness... another week of living out thanks and giving thanks away!
In the naming that which is right before me, that which I'd otherwise miss, the invisible becomes visible. The space that spans my inner emptiness fills in the naming. I name. And I know the face I face. God's! 
Soaring into this new week with you, friends... acting justly, loving mercy, walking humbly with God!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment