Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Better Heart...

Yesterday, I blogged about my sore heart and ended the blog post like this...
As God slowly guides my sore heart into wholeness once again... my prayer as always remains the same... Here I am. Lord, send me!
Well, I am happy to say that today my heart is on the mend... as God answered my prayer in a very real way.

I will remember today's story for a long while yet... maybe even forever.

As I wrote yesterday's blog post, I was intrigued by the quote from the book True Religion by Palmer Chinchen. It intrigued me enough to make me want to read the whole book. So... off we went to the local Christian bookstore. The book is now sitting right here on my desk ready for me to devour.

After the bookstore and a quick stop for dinner, we decided that we would head to Costco to "look around"... we never usually go to Costco on a Wednesday night. We left Costco with nothing else but dessert so that we could bring it over to my sister-in-law's house to celebrate her birthday.

Upon exiting Costco's parking lot, we saw a woman with a sign --- "Family of 7; can't find work; need food; no money..." something like that. It wasn't the words on the sign that struck me. It was the look of hopelessness on the woman's face. Hubby and I looked at each other and we knew we needed to help her.

We turn the car around on the other driveway and we see a man with a similar sign --- "Looking for work..." --- turns out he's the woman's husband. We head back into Costco with our kids in tow and we dashed around the store filling up our cart... the store was closing in 15 minutes and we wanted to get enough food to at least last this family for a week. We left Costco for a second time this evening... but this time, we had a full cart.

We go back out to the parking lot to meet up with this couple... chatted for a little bit. I told the woman that it was definitely God who sent us as we never go to Costco on a Wednesday night. She told me that she's been "begging" all day and no one stopped to give her anything. She said she was praying to God all day... she thanked us and told us that we made her day!!!

Wow! What an amazing day it has been... my heart is full of thanksgiving to God for using our family in this way today. My prayer is that He will use us in similar ways again!

Joe and Abby --- that's their names. I pray that they have seen Jesus in us tonight. That they will go home to their 5 children and tell them that there is a God!

As I sit here typing away... I look down at my new book, True Religion. Guess what the tag line for the book title is? It is... taking pieces of heaven to places of hell on earth.

I think God gave us an opportunity to do just that tonight. Thank you, God!

Here I am. Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment