Monday, April 22, 2013

Soul Full

Whatever the pace, time will keep it and there's no outrunning it, only speeding it up and if you pound the feet harder, the minutes pound faster too. And I race for more and I snag on time and I leak empty and the longer I keep running, the longer the gash, and I drain bleed away.
Hurry always empties a soul, and it has mine.
Lately, I've been running... 
Life's been a whirlwind, just a tad bit too busy for my liking... the mundane, every-day becoming more and more crowded. I've allowed stress to rule my life... and, the hurry and the hustle and the bustle has made my soul feel empty.

My girl posted this song today on her blog and I enjoyed slowing down and listening to it multiple times this morning, a balm to my soul, filling it up!

 
Lord I come, I confess. Bowing here I find my rest.
Without You I fall apart. You're the one that guides my heart.
Lord, I need You, oh I need You. Every hour I need You.
My one defense, my righteousness. Oh God, how I need You.
Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more. Where grace is found is where You are.
And where You are Lord I am free. Holiness is Christ in me.
Yes where You are Lord I am free. Holiness is Christ in me.
So teach my song to rise to You. When temptation comes my way.
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You. Jesus You're my hope and stay.
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You. Jesus You're my hope and stay.
Yes, Jesus is my hope and stay!
How truly beautiful and how amazingly wonderful... don't you agree? And to slow life down enough to taste and see that the Lord is good... to count grace-gifts, something that has been sporadic for me these past few weeks, emptying the soul.

Enjoying some home-made cupcakes.

Worshiping with our church family.

A relaxing Saturday morning.

My boy's first time solo on video at church... a proud mama moment!

Making empanadas for the first time, a comfort food from my childhood.

I am resolving to get back into the habit of daily counting grace-gifts and to linger longer in His Word each morning... it truly is a balm to the soul, refreshing it and turning it towards God, the giver of good gifts!

As I continue to count grace-gifts, with unending thanks... to The One who does not change life shifting shadows... these are the things I am thankful for these three weeks... #2894 - #2908:
:: His Grace... sustaining me through busy weeks.
:: My boy lending his voice in advocacy for the Millennium Development Goals.
:: The chirping of birds.
:: Working in the garden again and seeing new life! ♥
:: Spring sunshine!
:: The gift of a wonderful church family! 
:: Access to great healthcare.
:: Great retreat weekend for my kids with their youth group.
:: Opportunities to serve and love "the least of these" brothers and sisters of ours, both locally and globally.
:: My kids playing basketball again.
Hello brand-new week!
I speak it to God: I don't want more time. I want just enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven or wild to get it all done.
~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts.
Choosing to live a surrendered life... because Christ's love compels me... and giving thanks for everything that my good God so freely bestows, so lavishly gives and so extravagantly showers!


Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. God's grace gifts from the simple to the beautiful and amazing. How can we not feel His presence and His blessings! Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete