Monday, April 23, 2012

What A Week!


Busy to the core, but so amazingly awesome! 
That's how I would describe the week that had just gone by...

Last Monday, I wrote:
Looking at my calendar, this week is shaping up to be yet another busy one! I am thankful for God's sustaining grace... for He gives "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow... blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!" How great is His faithfulness!!!
Looking back at everything that transpired this week, words can't adequately express how very true the above words are... how much they meant to me as the week progressed!

Truly "blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!" As I continue to count grace-gifts, let me tell you about my week! With unending thanks, for grace-gifts that know no end... #1360 - #1372:

:: The privilege to tag along as our church's Lead Pastor toured three of our site's eight Home Churches this week... Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to share about "Local Compassion at Uptown"... to encourage people more towards living our their thanks... towards living simply and giving generously!

:: It was play-offs week for my boy's school basketball team. Hubby assisted with coaching and we chauffeured the team around town! They played a total of six games this week!!! They've advanced to the round of 24 and will be playing an elimination game tonight... a must-win or they're out for the season.

:: Volunteer teaching the LEGO Mindstorm teams at my boy's school... thankful that they are progressing well towards Tournament Day, which is this Friday!

:: Catching up with a girlfriend over coffee on Tuesday morning... and sharing God-stories! ♥

:: Meeting with our church's Youth Pastor to discuss "Local Compassion" that the youth can be regularly involved in! I am very excited about this "brewing" idea!

:: Our front garden makeover is finally almost complete!

I am very happy with how my planter/bench turned out...
hubby is quite the handyman, I must say! :-)

:: Leading a team of 25 from our church on a Group Day Build with Habitat Toronto! What an awesome experience!!! We got to work on 6 homes... doing all sorts of tasks like installing insulation, building door frames, building attic entrances, moving a wall! A piece of 2x4 wood stud that was autographed by most everyone at our church got built into one of the home's door frame! So cool!!! Plus, my team had a lot of fun teasing me about my "very chic" steel-toe shoes... evident by the sticker that one of them stuck to the back of my hard hat! {See photo at the top of this blog post. :-)}

:: Saturday dinner with my family celebrating my nephew turning 4 years old!

:: Great Sunday morning at church! Awesome opportunity to introduce to our faith community an opportunity for us to raise funds for the Pregnancy Care Centre during their First Response Relay event on May 12.

:: Relaxing Sunday afternoon working on my boy's costume for the Spring Concert at school.

:: Sunday night dinner with hubby's family celebrating his nephew turning 16!!!

:: Time to meet all my deadlines at work, in-spite of the busy-ness of this week.

:: God's sustaining grace on this very, very, very busy week! Sooooo thankful for blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!!! He truly, truly, truly is always good!

Happy Monday, friends!
This week will be less busy for our family, but still quite full! May you be looking forward, as I am... to seeing God's goodness in the midst of the busy-ness of this thing called life!
I speak it to God: I don't want more time. I want just enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven or wild to get it all done...
And blind eyes see: It's this sleuthing for the glory that slows a life gloriously. It's plain, bubble straight through: Giving thanks for 1000 things is ultimately an invitation to slow time down with weight of full attention. In this space of time and sphere, I am attentive, aware, accepting the whole of the moment, weighing it down with me all here.
Let's soar into this new week together, friends... let's do justice, love mercy and walk humbly!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He is even in the midst of our busyness if we will look for Him! In Deut 33 Moses' blessing to one of his sons... "as the day, so shall your strength be..." It's a promise we can claim (and I've been claiming it often around here!). Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete