Monday, January 16, 2012

Grace-Gifts Found in Ordinary Days

My chocolate cupcakes!

It's been a good week... getting back to the routines of school and work has been good for our family. As much as we love holidays, I think our family is one that thrives on routine!

It's been a good weekend too... full of sports... playing basketball and watching the NFL play-off games!

Both kids won their final basketball games of the Fall House League season. My girl's team {coached by none other than my hubby, the rookie coach} won the Championship! And... my boy's team won the Bronze Medal game!

I had an intense Saturday morning cheering for both games from the bleachers... who knew that cheering could be a sport in and of itself, eh? ;-) I was so tired from cheering and I didn't even play ball! :-)

We came home and did more cheering... my throat did not appreciate that! We were cheering for Tim Tebow and the Broncos... but a win wasn't meant to be for them! I absolutely love what he said in his interview after the loss.

Here's the part I love:
"It still wasn't a bad day," Tebow said after the game. "It still was a good day, because I got to spend some time before the game with Zack McLeod [a 20-year-old Cambridge native who suffered a traumatic brain injury playing football] and make him smile, and overall when you get to do that, it's still a positive day. Sometimes that's hard to see, but it depends what lens you're looking through. I choose to look through those lenses, and I got to make a kid's day, that's more important than winning the game. So, I am proud of that."
Tebow was asked if the glare of the spotlight this season ever became too much.
"There are pros and cons with everything," Tebow said. "Sometimes, you don't want it all. You just like to be able to go to dinner, hang out with friends, be a normal 24-year-old. So that makes it sometimes hard. But I wouldn't change it for the world, because by having that, I have the platform to walk into the hospital and share with kids, I have the opportunity to hang out with Zack before a game, I have the opportunity to go build a hospital in the Philippines or to do a lot more important things than football."
Source: Tim Tebow Gracious In Defeat, Boston.com
Tim Tebow seeing through the lenses of thanksgiving... I love that! Don't you? It's the counting of grace-gifts, isn't it? So. Awesome! And... building a hospital in the Philippines, that is just sooooo cool! 

As I continue my hunt for grace-gifts... these are the things I am thankful for this week... #1213 - #1226:

:: Becoming eligible for the pension plan matching program at work.
:: Time to bake... see photo above.
:: A free 24" x 36" photo enlargement! ♥
:: A timely letter from Florianlyn's mom!
:: Writing our Compassion children.
:: A dessert and coffee date night with hubby!
:: Hubby's clients... they keep him busy. :-)
:: My favourite purse is back from the "repair shop"... I was lost without it!
:: My boy working on a project with a friend.
:: Visiting with my parents before they flew back to the Philippines.
:: Two basketball wins!
:: Hubby's successful rookie season as volunteer basketball coach. :-)
:: Packing up our Christmas decorations with everyone helping.

Happy Monday, friends!
May your week be full of God's blessings and His grace, even in the most mundane of moments! :-)
Joy. Augustine claimed, "Without exception... all try their hardest to reach the same goal - that is, joy." I breathe deep, like a sojourner finally coming home. That has always been the goal, and always been the goal - joy.
Soaring into this new week with you, friends... acting justly, loving mercy, walking humbly with God!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

3 comments:

  1. Love your list. We were cheering for Tim Tebow too (at least, after we cheered for the Saints). Thanks for the link about the Philippines hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I smiled inside as I read what Tim Tebow is doing in the Philippines! We are huge fans and am so thankful for his love and devotion to Christ!

    Enjoyed your list, my friend! Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! Your cupcakes are beautiful!! How neat that Tebow is doing work in the Philippines! I knew I liked that guy :o)!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete